southeast[so̵ut̸h′ēst′; naut. so̵u′-]
- the direction, or the point on a mariner's compass, halfway between south and east; 45° east of due south
- a district or region in or toward this direction
- in, of, to, toward, or facing the southeast
- from the southeast: a southeast wind
in or toward the southeast
the southeastern part of the U.S.
- Abbr. SE The direction or point on the mariner's compass halfway between due south and due east, or 135° east of due north.
- An area or region lying in the southeast.
- Southeast A region of the southeast United States generally including Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida.
- To, toward, of, facing, or in the southeast.
- Originating in or coming from the southeast: a southeast wind.
In, from, or toward the southeast.