The definition of soft spoken is someone who speaks quietly.
An example of soft spoken is someone who always speaks in a calm and even tone.
- speaking or spoken with a soft, low voice
- smooth; ingratiating; suave
- Speaking with a soft or gentle voice: a soft-spoken instructor.
- Smooth; ingratiating: a soft-spoken attempt at bribery.
(comparative more softspoken, superlative most softspoken)
(comparative more soft-spoken, superlative most soft-spoken)
- having a pleasant, sweet, gentle, mild speaking manner
- He was soft-spoken and gentle.