- Sodomy is unnatural or abnormal sexual intercourse.
An example of sodomy is sexual intercourse involving anal penetration.
sodomy definition by Webster's New World
- anal intercourse, esp. between two male persons
Origin: Middle English sodomie ; from Sodome, Sodom
sodomy definition by American Heritage Dictionary
Origin: Middle English sodomie, from Old French, from Sodome, Sodom, from Latin Sodoma, from Greek, from Hebrew sədōm.
sodomy - Cultural Definition
Sexual intercourse that is not the union of the genital organs of a man and a woman. The term is most frequently applied to anal intercourse between two men or to sexual relations between people and animals. (See pederast.)
- According to the Bible (see also Bible), God destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah for unacceptable sexual practices, apparently including anal intercourse between men. Sodomy takes its name from the city of Sodom.
- Many governments have laws against sodomy. These laws are difficult to enforce, however, and many people believe they violate personal privacy.
sodomy - Legal Definition
sodomy - Medical Definition
- Anal copulation of one male with another.
- Anal or oral copulation with a member of the opposite sex.
- Copulation with an animal.
- sodomite noun
- sodomize verb