- a hurried shot fired with little or no aim
- an informal photograph, usually intended for private use, taken with a small camera
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A photograph taken with a small hand-held camera.
- An isolated observation: a sociopolitical snapshot of the electorate.
snapshot - Computer Definition
(1) A saved copy of the current memory state, along with the contents of all hardware registers and status indicators. It is periodically taken in order to restore the system in the event of failure. See checkpoint/restart.
(2) A saved copy of a file before it is updated. Part of a storage management program, snapshots enable previous versions of files to be brought back for review or to be placed back into use. See shadow copy.
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.