- the act or an instance of slipping, as in meshing gear teeth
- the amount of this
- the resulting loss of motion or power, as in a chain or belt drive
- The act or an instance of slipping, especially movement away from an original or secure place.
- The amount or extent of slipping.
- A decline in level, performance, or achievement.
- Loss of motion or power because of slipping.
- The act of slipping, especially from a secure location.
- The amount something has slipped.
- A lessening of performance or achievement.
- A decrease in motion, or in the power of a mechanical system due to slipping.
- The difference between estimated and actual transaction costs.
slip +"Ž -age