- a sequential display of a series of photographic transparencies, using a slide projector
- any sequential display of a series of still images, as on a computer screen
slide showslide show
(plural slide shows)
- Alternative spelling of slideshow.
slide show - Computer Definition
(1) A collection of pages arranged in sequence that contain text and images for presenting to an audience. It often refers to a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation. See presentation graphics, PowerPoint and slide transition.
(2) The continuous display of a folder of images on the computer, either sequentially or at random. Slide shows are created by stand-alone applications or a slide show function within a photo editor. Such programs generally offer a variety of transition effects between images (cut, fade, wipe, etc.), which can be selected or interspersed at random. The interval between images is also selected by the user as well as an audio file to provide background music. Some programs allow the slide show to be burned onto a CD or DVD with a self-contained viewer that can be sent to friends and family. See photo editor.