- an earth pigment containing iron and manganese oxides, yellowish-brown in the natural state and reddish-brown when burnt
- either of these colors
Origin of siennaItalian terra di Siena, literally , earth of Siena, where first obtained
- A special clay containing iron and manganese oxides, used as a pigment for oil and watercolor painting.
- a. Raw sienna.b. Burnt sienna.
Origin of siennaShort for terra-sienna from Italian terra di Sienna earth of Siena after Siena
- having a reddish-brown colour.
- A female given name of modern usage from the sienna colour.