Jaylah and Charles were put on the shortlist after trying out for the lead roles in the high school play.
- The definition of a shortlist is a list of people or things for a final choice.
An example of a shortlist is the final list of people eligible to run for student body president.
- Shortlist is defined as to place someone or something on the final list from which a selection will be made.
An example of shortlist is to put a film on the final list for a movie award.
(third-person singular simple present shortlists, present participle shortlisting, simple past and past participle shortlisted)
- To place something on a short list
- The Borders Weekly Shortlist offers something new each week, while the My Borders Monthly is customizable according to your interests.
- Although he was on the shortlist of many, the announcement was surprising none the less.