- Shenanigan is defined as mischief, trickery or naughty behavior.
When you get up to no good and get in trouble, the bad behavior is an example of a shenanigan.
shenanigan definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- nonsense; trickery; mischief
- : usually used in pl.
- a treacherous or deceitful trick
- a playful or mischievous trick
Origin: altered ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps Irish sionnachuighim, I play the fox
shenanigan definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. A deceitful trick; an underhanded act.b. Remarks intended to deceive; deceit. Often used in the plural.
- a. A playful or mischievous act; a prank.b. Mischief; prankishness. Often used in the plural.
Origin: Origin unknown.