- pl. Shans or a member of a group of Asian peoples living esp. in NE Myanmar and S China
- the Tai language of these peoples
Origin of Shan; from Burmese
nounpl. Shan or Shans
- A member of any of a group of tribes inhabiting the hills and plateaus of northeast Myanmar (Burma) and adjacent parts of China, Laos, and Thailand.
- The Tai language of the Shan.
Of or relating to the Shan or their language or culture.
Origin of ShanBurmese shán.
(comparative more shan, superlative most shan)
- A member of this people.
- Of or pertaining to the Shan people or the Shan language.