- a group of seven persons or things
- a composition for seven voices or seven instruments
- the seven performers of such a composition, or any group of seven musicians playing together
Origin of septetGerman ; from Classical Latin septem, seven + German (du)ett
- Music a. A composition for seven voices or seven instruments.b. A group of seven singers or seven instrumentalists.
- A group of seven.
Origin of septetGerman Septett, from Latin septem, seven; see sept&mlowring; in Indo-European roots.
- A group of seven; often applied to a musical group of seven performers.
- The Lindsey Septet performs at Carnegie Hall this evening.
- A musical composition for seven instruments or seven voices.
From Latin septem, seven