- The definition of seaborne is having been carried by a ship, or a ship that has left port.
- An example of seaborne used as an adjective is seaborne cargo, cargo that is carried on a shipping boat.
- An example of seaborne used as an adjective is a seaborne cruise ship, a cruise ship that has set sail.
seaborne definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- carried on or by seagoing ships
seaborne definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Conveyed by sea; transported by ship.
- Carried on or over the sea.