- The definition of seaborne is having been carried by a ship, or a ship that has left port.
- An example of seaborne used as an adjective is seaborne cargo, cargo that is carried on a shipping boat.
- An example of seaborne used as an adjective is a seaborne cruise ship, a cruise ship that has set sail.
Seaborne cargo.Licensed from iStockPhoto
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- carried on or by seagoing ships
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Conveyed by sea; transported by ship.
- Carried on or over the sea.