salt licksalt lick
- an exposed natural deposit of mineral rock salt which animals come to lick
- a block of rock salt placed in a pasture for cattle, etc. to lick
- A natural deposit of exposed salt that animals lick.
- A block of salt, often with added minerals or vitamins, set out for animals such as cattle, horses, sheep, or deer to lick.
(plural salt licks)
- A block of salt, often enriched with other minerals, licked by herd animals to supplement their diet.
- A natural source of such minerals licked by animals.