safety valvesafety valve
- an automatic valve for a steam boiler, pressure cooker, etc., which opens if the pressure becomes excessive
- any outlet for the release of strong emotion, energy, etc.
- A valve in a pressure container, as in a steam boiler, that automatically opens when pressure reaches a dangerous level.
- An outlet for the release of repressed energy or emotion.
(plural safety valves)
- A relief valve set to open at a pressure below that at which a container (such as a boiler) would burst
- attributive form of safety valve, noun.