- of priests or the office of priest; priestly
- characterized by belief in the divine authority of the priesthood
Origin of sacerdotalMiddle English sacerdotale from Middle French from Classical Latin sacerdotalis from sacerdos, priest from sacer, sacred + -dos from Indo-European base an unverified form dhe-, to do
- Of or relating to priests or the priesthood; priestly.
- Of or relating to sacerdotalism.
Origin of sacerdotalMiddle English from Old French from Latin sacerdōtālis from sacerdōs sacerdōt- priest ; see sak- in Indo-European roots.
(comparative more sacerdotal, superlative most sacerdotal)
- Of or relating to priests or a high religious order; priestly.
From Latin sacerdÅtÄlis (“priestly").