- The definition of clerical is something related to performing routine work in an office or something related to clergy (priests).
- Paperwork done for an office is an example of clerical work.
- A priest's outfit is an example of a clerical outfit.
A woman doing clerical work in an office.
clerical definition by Webster's New World
- relating to the clergy or one of its members
- relating to office clerks or their work
- favoring clericalism
Origin: Middle English ; from Ecclesiastical Late Latin clericalis, clerical, priestly ; from clericus: see clerk
- a member of the clergy
- clerics' garments
- a person who favors clericalism
- clerically adverb
clerical definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or relating to clerks or office workers or their work.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of the clergy.
- Advocating clericalism.
- A member of the clergy.
- clericals Garments worn by the clergy.
- An advocate of clericalism.
- clerˈi·cal·ly adverb