Origin of s.o.s.Classical Latin si opus sitPharmacy if necessary
Marla lowered the sails while her husband radioed in an S.O.S. call because they couldn't outchase the storm.
S.O.S. is used as a distress call to request help. Traditionally, ships in distress would send the message S-O-S in Morse code when they needed assistance.
An example of S.O.S. is Bob sent out an S.O.S. when he and the twins all had the flu.
- For example, the Island Fever S.O.S Tankini is slightly asymmetrical in cut, a look that is quite flattering to the upper portion of your body, but the best part is that it doesn't even show the slightest hint of cleavage.
- The first single, S.O.S. was Rihanna's first number one hit on the Billboard charts and the download charts - in fact, the single is the second fastest selling first week release on the digital charts to date.
- She was also nominated for two 2006 MTV Video Music Awards for her S.O.S. video - Best New Artist and Viewer's Choice Award.
- S.O.S. is driven by a sample of the immediately recognizable 80s electro-pop classic Tainted Love by Soft Cell.
- She performed two songs - S.O.S. and Kisses Don't Lie (which is to be her third single) on the soap.