- ⌂ the refinancing of a maturing note, etc.
- ⌂ the reinvesting of funds in such a way as to defer the payment of taxes
- a traffic accident in which a vehicle tips or rolls over
Origin of rollover; from roll over (see phrase under roll)
- The act or process of rolling over.
- An accident in which a motor vehicle overturns.
- The act or an instance of rolling over funds: an IRA rollover.
- the act of rolling over
- a road traffic accident in which a vehicle overturns
- (computing) a graphic element that changes its shape or colour when the cursor moves over it
- the process of reinvesting funds in a new issue of the same or similar investment
- (UK) in the National or European lottery, the situation in which a jackpot that has not been won is carried over to the next week
- (pinball) A target on the pinball table that is activated when the ball rolls over it.
rollover - Computer Definition
rollover - Investment & Finance Definition
In the futures industry, shiftselling a futures contract, such as a September contract, while immediately buying another contract in the future, such as December. A rollover maintains the original trading strategy.