respirable[res′pər ə bəl, ri spīr′ə bəl]
respirable definition by Webster's New World
- that is fit to be breathed
- that can respire; capable of breathing
Origin: French ; from Late Latin respirabilis
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- respirability noun
respirable definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Fit for breathing: respirable air.
- Capable of undergoing respiration: respirable organisms.
- resˌpi·ra·bilˈi·ty noun
respirable - Medical Definition
- Fit for breathing, as air.
- Capable of undergoing respiration, as certain organisms.