- Of or pertaining to respiration.
- respirational difficulties
respiration + -al
Variant of respiration
- act or process of respiring; breathing; inhaling and exhaling air
- the processes by which a living organism or cell takes in oxygen from the air or water, distributes and utilizes it in oxidation, and gives off products of oxidation, esp. carbon dioxide
- an analogous process in anaerobic organisms involving some substance other than free oxygen
Origin of respirationMiddle English respiracioun ; from Classical Latin respiratio ; from respiratus, past participle