Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- to seat again or in another seat
- to supply with a new seat or seats
- to reposition on its seat ()
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
transitive verb re·seat·ed, re·seat·ing, re·seats
- To provide with a new or different seat.
- To fit (a valve, for example) in a new seating.