- Representativeness is defined as the level of how well or how accurately something reflects upon a sample.
When a study gives a good indication of what the whole population believes, this is an example of a study with good representativeness.
Variant of representative
- representing or serving to represent; specif.,
- picturing; portraying; reproducing
- acting or speaking, esp. by due authority, in the place or on behalf of another or others; esp., serving as a delegate in a legislative assembly
- composed of persons duly authorized, as by election, to act and speak for others: a representative assembly
- of, characterized by, or based on representation of the people by elected delegates: representative government
- being an example or type of a certain class or kind of thing; typical: a building representative of modern architecture
Origin: Middle English from Middle French or ML: Middle French représentatif from Midieval Latin repraesentativus
- a person or thing enough like the others in its class or kind to serve as an example or type
- a person duly authorized to act or speak for another or others; specif.,
- a member of a legislative assembly
- a salesman or agent for a business firm
- ☆ a member of the lower house of Congress (House of Representatives) or of a State legislature
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.