- any of several birds with a reddish breast; esp., the American robin, the European robin, or the knot
- ⌂ a sunfish (Lepomis auritus) with an orange-red belly, found in the E U.S.
Origin of redbreastMiddle English redbrest, robin
- A bird, such as the robin, that has a red breast.
- A freshwater sunfish (Lepomis auritus) of the eastern United States, having a reddish belly.
- Any of several unrelated birds that have a red breast
- An European robin, Erithacus rubecula.
- An American robin, Turdus migratorius.