raw materialraw material
Some of the raw materials for furniture making.
Raw material is goods or products which are used in manufacturing or unprocessed products which are used in the creation of some final product.
An example of a raw material is the wood that is used to make furniture.
- material still in its natural or original state, before processing or manufacture
- anything that is capable of being processed, converted, changed, etc. to produce something else: her personal experiences could provide the raw material for a really good novel
- An unprocessed natural product used in manufacture.
- Unprocessed material of any kind: These data are the raw material for the analysis.
(plural raw materials)
- A material in its unprocessed, natural state considered usable for manufacture.
- Petroleum is the raw material refined into various fuels and needed for countless chemicals
- (figuratively) Any input to a factory or other installation which processes it.
- The assembly plant's raw materials are finished parts from Asian suppliers.