- a rod used for ramming down the charge in a gun that is loaded through the muzzle
- ⌂ a person in charge, esp. one who is rigid or unyielding
- A rod used to force the charge into a muzzleloading firearm.
- A rod used to clean the barrel of a firearm.
- A harshly demanding overseer; a disciplinarian.
transitive verbram·rod·ded, ram·rod·ding, ram·rods
- To exert strict control over; supervise closely.
- To force passage or acceptance of: ramrodded the bill through Congress.
- Device used with early firearms to push the projectile up against the propellant.
- Ranch or trail foreman, usually the first or second person in charge. The person responsible for getting the work done.
- (military) A World War II code name for short range fighter and bomber attacks to destroy ground targets, similar to circus attacks.
- (slang) The penis.
(third-person singular simple present ramrods, present participle ramrodding, simple past and past participle ramrodded)
- To force.
- That new project manager is just the one to ramrod this through to completion.