- the number represented by 1 followed by 18 zeros
- Brit. the number represented by 1 followed by 30 zeros
Origin of quintillionFrench ; from Classical Latin quintus, a fifth (see quintet) + Fr, (m)illion
amounting to one quintillion in number
- The cardinal number equal to 1018.
- Chiefly British The cardinal number equal to 1030.
Origin of quintillionLatin qu&imacron;ntus, fifth; see penkwe in Indo-European roots + (m)illion.
- (figuratively, slang) Any very large number, exceeding normal description.