- serving some purpose
- having a purpose
- Having or serving a purpose.
- Purposeful: purposive behavior.
(comparative more purposive, superlative most purposive)
- Serving a particular purpose; adapted to a given purpose, especially through natural evolution. [from 19th c.]
- Done or performed with a conscious purpose or intent. [from 19th c.]
- (psychology) Pertaining to purpose, as reflected in behaviour or mental activity. [from 19th c.]
- Pertaining to to or demonstrating purpose. [from 19th c.]
- Possessed of a firm purpose; determined, resolute. [from 20th c.]
- (grammar) Of a clause or conjunction: expressing purpose. [from 20th c.]
- Objects: behavior, action, interpretation, sample, etc.
From purpose +"Ž -ive. Compare purpositive.