(comparative more punctiliar, superlative most punctiliar)
- (grammar) Of or pertaining to an unextended point of time:
- (of an action) Occurring at a definite and particular point in time.
- (of verbal aspect or tense) Relating to a punctiliar action or event.
- (grammar) A verb denoting a punctiliar action or activity.
- (grammar: verb denoting a punctiliar action): durative
Formed as punctili(o) + -ar, initially as as an alternative translation (instead of punctual) for the German punktuell.