- of, like, or affecting the lungs
- having lungs or lunglike organs
- designating the artery conveying blood from the right ventricle of the heart to the lungs or any of the veins conveying oxygenated blood from the lungs to the left atrium of the heart
Origin of pulmonaryClassical Latin pulmonarius ; from pulmo (gen. pulmonis), lung ; from Indo-European an unverified form pleumon, lung, origin, originally , floater ; from base an unverified form pleu-, to swim, float from source flow: for semantic development see lights
- Of, relating to, or affecting the lungs: pulmonary tuberculosis.
- Having lungs or lunglike organs.
Origin of pulmonaryLatin pulm&omacron;narius, from pulm&omacron;, pulm&omacron;n-, lung; see pleu- in Indo-European roots.
- Pertaining to, having, or affecting the lungs.