- of a prothesis or prosthetics
- Chem. designating or of any of a number of nonprotein compounds when combined chemically with a protein molecule
- Serving as or relating to a prosthesis.
- Of or relating to prosthetics.
(comparative more prosthetic, superlative most prosthetic)
- A prosthesis (prosthetic device)
From Ancient Greek Ï€ÏÎ¿ÏƒÎ¸ÎµÏ„Î¹ÎºÏŒÏ‚ (prosthetikos, “adding; repletive; giving additional power"), from Ï€ÏÏŒÏƒÎ¸ÎµÏƒÎ¹Ï‚ (prosthesis, “addition"), from Ï€ÏÎ¿ÏƒÏ„Î¯Î¸Î·Î¼Î¹ (prostithÄ“mi, “I add"), from Ï€ÏÏŒÏ‚ (pros, “towards") + Ï„Î¯Î¸Î·Î¼Î¹ (tithÄ“mi, “I place").