- An example of a processor is a kitchen appliance that chops and slices food; a food processor.
- An example of a processor is a computer part or program that controls activity and executes instructions.
The definition of a processor is someone or something that prepares or treats something, or makes something happen.
- a person or thing that processes
- central processing unit
- One that processes, especially an apparatus for preparing, treating, or converting material: a wood pulp processor.
- Computers a. A computer.b. A central processing unit.c. A program that translates another program or a data file into a form acceptable by the computer being used.
Recorded since 1909, from to process + -or