- The definition of a processor is someone or something that prepares or treats something, or makes something happen.
- An example of a processor is a kitchen appliance that chops and slices food; a food processor.
- An example of a processor is a computer part or program that controls activity and executes instructions.
processor definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person or thing that processes
- central processing unit
processor definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- One that processes, especially an apparatus for preparing, treating, or converting material: a wood pulp processor.
- Computer Science a. A computer.b. A central processing unit.c. A program that translates another program into a form acceptable by the computer being used.
processor - Computer Definition
processor - Science Definition
- A part of a computer, such as the central processing unit, that performs calculations or other manipulations of data.
- A program that translates another program into a form acceptable by the computer being used.