- The definition of a processor is someone or something that prepares or treats something, or makes something happen.
- An example of a processor is a kitchen appliance that chops and slices food; a food processor.
- An example of a processor is a computer part or program that controls activity and executes instructions.
- a person or thing that processes
- central processing unit
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One that processes, especially an apparatus for preparing, treating, or converting material: a wood pulp processor.
- Computer Science a. A computer.b. A central processing unit.c. A program that translates another program into a form acceptable by the computer being used.
processor - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
processor - Science Definition
- A part of a computer, such as the central processing unit, that performs calculations or other manipulations of data.
- A program that translates another program into a form acceptable by the computer being used.
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.