- a. A preliminary test administered to determine a student's baseline knowledge or preparedness for an educational experience or course of study.b. A test taken for practice.
- The advance testing of something, such as a questionnaire, product, or idea.
tr. & intr.v.pre·test·ed, pre·test·ing, pre·tests
- A preliminary test, given in advance of instruction or evaluation.
(third-person singular simple present pretests, present participle pretesting, simple past and past participle pretested)
- To administer a pretest to.
- (intransitive) To carry out a pretest.
pre- + test