- having to do with church government by presbyters
- designating or of a church of a traditionally Calvinistic Protestant denomination governed by presbyters, or elders
Origin of presbyterian; from Ecclesiastical Late Latin presbyterium (see presbytery) + -an
a member of a Presbyterian church
- Of or relating to ecclesiastical government by presbyters.
- Presbyterian Of or relating to a Presbyterian Church.
A member or an adherent of a Presbyterian Church.
(comparative more presbyterian, superlative most presbyterian)
presbyter +"Ž -ian
- Relating to Presbyterianism.
- A person belonging to a church in the tradition of Presbyterianism.