- of or taking a course of study after graduation, esp. after receipt of the bachelor's degree
- designating or of additional study, training, etc. undertaken after receipt of a doctorate
A group of medical students attending the postgraduate program at the university.
- Postgraduate is defined as a course of study or an academic program that occurs after a college degree has already been obtained.
Medical school or law school are examples of programs that would be described as postgraduate programs.
- The definition of a postgraduate is a student who is studying a subject beyond the college level when he already has a college degree.
Someone attending medical school is an example of a postgraduate.
- They offer foundation degrees, honors degrees, and postgraduate degrees.
- They approve residency programs, and oversee residencies that provide postgraduate training in various naturopathic specialties in the United States and Canada.
- The Naval U.S. Postgraduate School and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security offer four self-study courses that students can complete online.
- The majority of students are seeking undergraduate degrees, but nearly 8,000 postgraduate students also attend this school.
- Liberty University distance learning includes expanding doctoral and postgraduate studies.