polygamous[pə lig′ə məs, pō-]
- of, engaging in, or characterized by polygamy
- Bot. having bisexual flowers and unisexual flowers on the same plant or on different plants
Origin of polygamousClassical Greek polygamos
- Relating to, characterized by, or practicing polygamy.
- Botany Having both hermaphroditic and unisexual flowers on the same plant or on separate plants of the same species.
- Of, relating to, or practicing polygamy.
- That Mormon community no longer practises polygamous relationships.