(comparative more plunderous, superlative most plunderous)
- By nature or otherwise characteristically tending to plunder.
- Piracy is an utterly plunderous business
plunder + -ous.
Variant of plunder
- to rob or despoil (a person or place) by force, esp. in warfare
- to take (property) by force or fraud
Origin of plunderGerman plündern ; from plunder, trash, baggage
to engage in plundering
- the act of plundering; pillage; robbery
- goods taken by force or fraud; loot; booty
- ☆ Dialectal personal belongings or household furnishings