- The definition of phrenic is something related to the diaphragm or something related to mental activity.
- The nerve in your diaphragm that originates from the 3rd through 5th cervical nerves is an example of a phrenic nerve.
- When you are hyper and can't stop your mind from thinking about something, this is an example of phrenic activity.
- of the diaphragm
- of the mind; mental
Origin of phrenicsee phreno- and amp; -ic
- Of or relating to the mind.
- Anatomy Of or relating to the diaphragm: the phrenic nerve.
(comparative more phrenic, superlative most phrenic)
From New Latin phrenicus.