- [oftenP-] a device for making photocopies on special paper
- a copy so made
Origin of photostatfrom Photostat, former trademark for the device from photo- (sense ) + -stat
transitive verb-·stat·ed or -·stat·ted, -·stat·ing or -·stat·ting
to make a photostat of
- A photographic device for making positive or negative copies of graphic matter.
- A copy made with such a device.
Origin of photostatOriginally a trademark
- (dated) A photocopy, especially one made by a Photostat machine
- positive (black on white) or negative (white on black) reproduction of printed matter or artwork made on a photostat machine, which uses photographic paper instead of a transparent negative, and uses a prism to render the paper negative readable instead of reversed.
(third-person singular simple present photostats, present participle photostatting, simple past and past participle photostatted)
- To make such a photocopy.