- The definition of photogenic is someone or something that photographs well and looks good on camera.
A person who always looks great in pictures is an example of someone who would be described as photogenic.
photogenic definition by Webster's New World
- due to or produced by light
- producing or giving off light; phosphorescent
- that looks or is likely to look attractive in photographs: said especially of a person
Origin: photo- plush -genic
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- photogenically adverb
photogenic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Attractive as a subject for photography.
- Biology Producing or emitting light; phosphorescent: photogenic bacteria.
- Caused or produced by light: photogenic seizures.
- phoˌto·genˈi·cal·ly adverb
photogenic - Medical Definition
- Producing or emitting light; phosphorescent.
- Caused or produced by light, as a seizure.