- (sports) Someone who passes, someone who makes a pass
- England coach Sven Göran Eriksson hailed midfielder David Beckham as possibly the best passer in the world. - BBC Sport - Eriksson salutes Beckham brilliance
- A fearless tackler in defence, Wilkinson is a fine passer and one of the most consistent goalkickers in world rugby. - BBC Sport - World Cup midfield generals - Jonny Wilkinson
- (American football) A football player who makes a forward pass, who may be (but not limited to) the quarterback.
- (chess) A passed pawn.
- (archaic) One who passes; a passenger.
Variant of pass
a narrow passage or opening, esp. between mountains; gap; defile
Origin of passMiddle English pas: see pace