any small, heavy object, often decorative, set on papers to keep them from being blown away or scattered
A small, heavy, often decorative object that is placed on loose papers to hold them down.
- A small, decorative, somewhat weighty (now, highly collectable) object placed on one or more pieces of paper to keep them from fluttering away.
- Any object for this purpose.
- John used his coffee mug as a paperweight.
- (slang) An otherwise useless piece of equipment.
- It's better to save your money and purchase a new netbook instead of taking the risk of getting stuck with an item that is essentially a very pricey paperweight.
- If you're looking for a more exotic option, have your favorite photo stitched into a tapestry throw or etched into a crystal paperweight.
- This could then be used as a paperweight, or make a pair to use as bookends.
- He took a heavy paperweight and lifted it threateningly, but at once put it back in its place.
- You know--under the paperweight on the little table.