- Father. Used as a form of address for a priest in Italy, Spain, Portugal, and Latin America.
- Informal A military chaplain.
Origin of padreSpanish, Italian, or Portuguese, all from Latin pater, patr-, father; see p&schwa;ter- in Indo-European roots.
- (baseball) A player on the team the "San Diego Padres".
- Jones became a Padre as the result of a pre-season trade.
Variant of padre
- father: the title of a priest in Italy, Spain, Portugal, and Latin America
- Informal a priest or chaplain
Origin of padreSpanish Portuguese Italian ; from Classical Latin pater, father