- father: the title of a priest in Italy, Spain, Portugal, and Latin America
- Informal a priest or chaplain
Origin of padreSp, Italian from Classical Latin pater, father
or It. pa′dre
- Father. Used as a form of address for a priest in Italy, Spain, Portugal, and Latin America.
- Informal A military chaplain.
Origin of padreSpanish, Italian, or Portuguese all from Latin pater patr- father ; see pəter- in Indo-European roots.
- (baseball) A player on the team the "San Diego Padres".
- Jones became a Padre as the result of a pre-season trade.