- a person or thing that ousts
- Law an ousting or being ousted, esp. from real property; legal eviction or unlawful dispossession
Origin of ousterAnglo-French infinitive used as noun : see oust
- a. The act of ejecting, forcing out, or supplanting.b. The state of being ejected, forced out, or supplanted.
- One that ejects, forces out, or supplants another.
- Law The wrongful exclusion or dispossession of one from real property to which one is entitled by law.
Origin of ousterAnglo-Norman, to oust, ouster; see oust.
- Someone who ousts.
ouster - Legal Definition
- The wrongful exclusion of a person from property or dispossession of same.
- The removing from office of a public or corporate official.