- any of various shades of greenish brown, much used as a camouflage color in the armed forces
- woolen cloth dyed this color and used for uniforms by the U.S. Army
- [pl.] a uniform of this cloth
olive drabolive drab
- A grayish olive to dark olive brown or olive gray.
- a. Cloth of this color, often used in military uniforms.b. also olive drabs A uniform made from cloth of this color.
(plural olive drabs)
- A greyish green colour, like that of a ripe green olive.
- Cloth of an olive drab colour, used often for military uniforms.
- The internet colour (X11) called olive drab would rarely be meant when used unqualified, especially when talking about clothing or painted physical objects. The X11 colour is much brighter than the dark matt colour usually meant.
- US military usage refers to a colour distinctly more brown (FS 595) than the green of British military usage (BS 381C).
- Of a greyish green colour, like that of a ripe green olive.