A man suffering with obesity.
- Population is eating more calories than used by the body because of eating high fat foods and reduced physical activity
- Widespread availability of processed foods with minimal nutritional value
- Decreased emphasis placed on daily physical activity
- Medications, such as antidepressants, contraceptives, diabetes drugs, and substances used to control blood pressure, often cause weight gain as an unintended side effect.
- Environmental groups hypothesize that the pollutants in our environment are impacting the hormones which control body weight.
- Studies have shown people who regularly get less than eight hours of sleep each night are more likely to be obese.
- American women are generally waiting longer to begin having children, and older mothers are more likely to give birth to children with weight problems.
- Middle aged people and those of Hispanic descent are statistically more likely to struggle to maintain a healthy body weight. The United States is becoming older and more ethnically diverse.
- Sleep apnea
- High blood pressure
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Prostate cancer
- Colon cancer
Obesity is defined as being overweight, having too much fat on your body and a Body Mass Index (BMI) over 30.
Reasons for Obesity in America
Medical Risks of Obesity
An example of obesity is a person with a Body Mass Index (BMI) over 30.
The condition of being obese; increased body weight caused by excessive accumulation of fat.
- The state of being obese due to an excess of body fat.
- Lindora is the nation's largest medically supervised weight loss and weight control program, and Vash is a board-certified internist specializing in endocrinology and metabolism, with an emphasis on obesity and eating disorders.
- They do, however, need a significant amount of support from their families and from school, work, and residential service providers to both achieve these goals and to avoid obesity and the serious health consequences that accompany it.
- Each bite is a fully digestible source of nutrition for your cat that, when fed in the appropriate amount, will not contribute to feline obesity, a condition that often leads to a host of other physical ailments down the road.
- A baby will receive antibodies through her mom's milk, and breastfeeding your baby will lower her chances of contracting meningitis, diabetes, allergies, respiratory illnesses, obesity, and childhood cancers, such as leukemia.
- His obesity did not cause any abatement of activity when next he took the field.