An autobiography about someone's life is an example of nonfiction.
- prose writing that is not fiction
- a broad category of books, as in a library, encompassing such writing
- The category of literature, drama, film, or other creative work, including essays, expository prose, and documentaries, whose content is based on fact and is not imagined.
- a. Works in this category: I've read her novels but not her nonfiction.b. A work in this category: the nonfictions of V.S. Naipaul.
- non·fic′tion, non·fic′tion·al