- not functioning properly or not ready to go
- designated as an area into which entry is forbidden, restricted, or reputed to be dangerous
Origin of no-goorigin, originally astronauts' jargon
Not in a suitable condition for proceeding or functioning properly: The space launch was no-go.
A situation in which planned operations cannot be effectuated, as in the case of the launch of spacecraft: The flight is a no-go because of technical problems.
- Alternative spelling of no-go.
- Alternative form of no go.
- (informal, slang, US, with indefinite article) something which should not or cannot be done