the quality, state, or character of being neutral; specif.,
- the status or policy of a nation not participating directly or indirectly in a war between other nations
- neutral status, as of a seaport in wartime
The state or policy of being neutral, especially nonparticipation in war.
(usually uncountable, plural neutralities)
- The state or quality of being neutral; the condition of being unengaged in contests between others; state of taking no part on either side; indifference.
- (chemistry): The quality or state of being neutral.
- (international law) The condition of a nation or government which refrains from taking part, directly or indirectly, in a war between other powers.
- Those who are neutral; a combination of neutral powers or states.