- When the price of a house is not firm but is up for discussion and the seller is willing to entertain offers, this is an example of a time when the price is negotiable.
- When a bondholder signs over a bond to another person, this is an example of a negotible bond.
The definition of negotiable is something that is open to discussion, something that can be bargained over, or something that can be endorsed and transferred to someone.
that can be negotiated; specif.,
- legally transferable to another by endorsement or by proper delivery: said of promissory notes, checks, etc.
- that can be passed, crossed, surmounted, etc.
- Capable of being discussed in an effort to reach an agreement: negotiable demands.
- Capable of being traveled over or through; passable: a negotiable road.
- a. Transferable from one person to another: negotiable securities.b. Transferable from one person to another by means of endorsement: checks and other negotiable instruments.
(comparative more negotiable, superlative most negotiable)
- Something that is open to negotiation.