Origin of neckerchiefMiddle English nekkyrchefe: see neck and kerchief
A kerchief worn around the neck.
- The most well known scouting uniform in the history of America, Boy Scouts wear a tan shirt and green pants with a red and yellow neckerchief that distinct them from the younger scouts.
- On that site, the Boy Scouts of America provide details about the shirt, pants, belt, socks, cap, neckerchief, and neckerchief slide, as well as some photographs.
- Each unit may have different uniform expectations, with some expecting all of the aforementioned gear while others exclude the neckerchief and/or hat.
- The youngest and newest troop members are the Tiger Cubs, who wear a navy blue uniform with a blue and orange coordinating neckerchief.
- Like the other ranks that go before it, the Bear Cub uniform is basic navy with a special Bear Cub neckerchief and sky blue cap.